Sunday evening, September 30, 2012
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Check-in 6:00 p.m.
All Walk activities end by 8:30 p.m.
OUR WALK GOALS:
- To “shine the light” on depression and suicide prevention.
- To provide an opportunity for survivors of suicide to experience healing in a safe, anonymous way.
- To raise $120,000 to support SPEA’s proven prevention education program, Recognizing Teen Depression and Preventing Suicide.
Walk Registration fee is $20 and includes:
- Light snack and beverage.
- Complimentary luminaries and In Memory/In Honor placards.
- Program featuring speakers & musical performance.
- Glow necklace
BE A LIFESAVER
Personally raise $100 or more to receive a Lifesaver T-shirt at the Walk on September 30.
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death for those 15-24 years of age.
- More teenagers die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease combined.
- Half of all lifetime cases of clinical depression begin by age 14.
- According to The Ohio Department of Mental Health:
20 percent of high school students have seriously considered suicide
14 percent have made a plan
8 percent have made a suicide attempt.
Share SPEA's mission with your friends!